What’s happening at local breweries in February
I thought it would be pretty cool and helpful to reach out to all the local breweries in town and see if they had any news, beers being tapped, or events they wanted to share.
It’s called “What’s on Tap”. This is one of the new segments for 2022. It will be a way to spread cheers and beers with local happenings at your favorite breweries.
Central standard brewery
156 S Greenwood
- CSB Helles – 5.0% abv. Our take on a traditional Bavarian style Helles. Future.
- Light years away – IPA – 7.5% abv. Brewed with our friend Jeff from Narrow Gauge Brewing. Future.
- group hug – Fruity Smoke Ale – 4.8% abv. Brewed in collaboration with First Mile Kitchen. Smoked fruit beer with apricots. Future
- Edible Sundays – Fruity Goose – 6.0% abv. Sit back, relax and drift away in a river of sweet watermelon as tiny lemon and lime raindrops tickle your cheeks. Future
- February 13: Sip & Script du Jour des Galentines. Join us for a 1.5 hour introductory lesson in learning modern calligraphy. Click the button for more details and tickets.
- February 13: Everything and the Bagel Pop up. Bagels and schmear and tasty breads and pastries! Come hungry to Galentines Day, Everything and the Bagel will appear with their bread-matching treats.
- Every Tuesday: Free show on Tuesdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Pretend friend.
Hopping Gnome Brewing Company
- We come tapped Frank’s Oatmeal Stout and Salty Gnome Tiki Punch.
- February 13: Super Bowl To-Go Specials from noon to 6 p.m.
- February 15: Galentine’s Day: Winey B outing from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 19 Feb. : Live music with MJ12 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. No coverage.
- February 26: National Pistachio Day with the Neapolitan pizzeria Patto.
125 N. St. Francois
- February 13: Valentine’s Day cupcake and beer pairing. Our annual beer and cupcake pairing makes for the best Valentine’s Day date night ever! Come and taste 4 beers each, cleverly accompanied by 4 different cupcakes to share! We’ve teamed up with one of the best pastry chefs in town, Morgan Farruggia of Fox and Thistle for this one!
- Tiger Chai – Warbeard with chai! A super tasty version of our bestseller
- MoreBeard – An Imperial Irish Red – an upgraded version of Warbeard, it registers at 10.1% ABV and is super tasty!
- For Peach Sake – The newest in our sour series, this is a peach cobbler inspired beer made with peaches, vanilla, cinnamon and lactose.
- Maniacal Monk will be released at the end of February. Our Belgian tripel is the beverage of a good Monk gone mad!. It is a deep golden elixir that offers virtuous flavor. Expect cloves, pepper and a light mouthfeel that gives way to a dry, crisp finish. Break the silence. Tell your friends!! 9.7%ABV. Available at The PourHouse, El Dorado Tap Room and your favorite liquor retailer.
- February 14: Valentine’s Day dinner and beer pairing. Join us in celebrating another year of love at The PourHouse! Dinner will take place in our beautiful loft space, followed by a dessert & beer pairing. We partner with River City Sweet Shop and will have a level 1 cicerone on hand for beer pairing details. Tickets are $75 per person or $125 per couple. Included: 1 signature beer, aperitif selected by the house, plated dinner(s), beer and dessert pairing, entry ticket for the V-day gift basket, photo booth and beautiful atmosphere.Please call 316-260 -4897 for reservations
River City Brewing Co.
150 N. Mosley Street
Nothing to report
Third place brewing
630 E.Douglas | Website-Facebook-Instagram
- Every Thursday: Every bar needs a violinist in its corner. Shawn Craver “The Fiddler” will perform solo fiddle, acoustic and traditional music for Third Place Brewing’s Happy Hour every Thursday. Come and enjoy the sounds of the music that has accompanied many pints over the centuries and help carry on the tradition! No cover. Dance optional.
Wichita Brewing Co.
8815 W 13th St. & 535 N Woodlawn St. | Website-Facebook-Instagram
- Join us on Saturday at either brewery (NOT our production plant) for the chance to grab some Barleywine and try two new beers on tap. We will be releasing 4 packs of our award winning Barleywine, this batch was brewed in 2021. Individual cans will be available for purchase and consumption at both breweries! We will also be selling the remaining bottles from our OG batch. We will tap:
- 🍑 🙃 RESTING PEACH FACE 🙃🍑 – A dry hopped peach infused IPA with Mosaic hops.
- 💨 🚫 WEED IS STILL ILLEGAL IN KANSAS 🚫 💨- A juicy/hazy IPA with Azacca and Idaho 7 hops. We’ve teamed up with our friends in Denver OMF to bring you the juiciest beer we’ve ever produced.
Do you have news to share? Please email us with your information for review. We are always open to suggestions.
Did you like the article and want to help Wichita By EB’s continued free content? You can contribute to the sustainability of our site with a simple one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.
Make a donation
If you’re a business owner and want to be featured or partner up for a highlight, head here.