Monster Hunter Rise Version 3.8.0 is now live, here are the full patch notes
We are approaching the one-year milestone of Rise of the Monster Hunter and Capcom still shows strong support for the title.
Just a few weeks ago, it released the PC version of the game on Steam, and more recently announced that the title had shipped over 8 million units worldwide. Sunbreak DLC is also on the way.
Now in the latest news – it released the Version 3.8.0 patch update – it comes with new (coming soon) event quests and bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the game’s official site:
- To use the DLC and play online, you must update Monster Hunter Rise to the latest version.
- – You can check which version you are on at the bottom right of the title screen.
- – Online play requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- If you don’t have internet access, you can play local multiplayer, as long as each player is using the same software version.
- – Please visit Nintendo’s support page for more information.
Available January 27, 2022
- Notifications for add-on and other content will now be displayed on the title screen and in the Mail.
You can enable/disable this option by going to Options > Promotion.
- Some Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese text will now be displayed in a calligraphy font.
- New event quests will be available every week.
- The new DLC can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.
Bug fixes / Miscellaneous
- Fixed a bug where the Host would show up with a Cohoot on their arm on the Guest screen if the Host canceled their Cohoot’s call as the Guest entered the lobby.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented a monster’s falling animation from playing to the end.
- Fixed a bug where certain attacks, such as Sticky Ammo, would sometimes not do damage if they hit at the exact same time the slime crust around Jyuratodus’ neck was broken.
- Fixed a bug that caused the 4th color of type 1 clothing to differ between the thumbnail and the actual model.
- Fixed a bug causing hair to clip through armor when combining certain hairstyles with certain armor pieces.
- Fixed a bug causing different numbers to display for the same hairstyles on the character edit screen and add-on content screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused the back part of sideburns of “Long Hinoa” and “Long Minoto” hairstyles to go through the skin.
- Fixed a bug causing clipping in the player character’s upper arm when combining certain arm and waist armors.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the player character and their friends to appear simultaneously on the preview screen when selecting “Change Equipment”.
- Fixed a bug that caused buddies to show up in their old armor on the save file selection screen if you change their armor by following specific steps.
- Fixed a bug causing occasional elemental effects on Buddy’s weapons that don’t have an element on them.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the recovery guide from being displayed when the player is hit by a restrictive attack for the first time.
- Fixed a bug causing crafting item consumption issues under certain circumstances, when using items through the radial menu while the player’s weapon is unsheathed.
- Fixed a bug causing the player to always perform a running landing if they hit the ground with the Switch Ax in Sword Mode.
- Fixed a bug when combining a back dodge to a slash with the charge blade in sword mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the color of the Prism Spiribird to appear incorrectly on the map icon list.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the game to crash if it took a long time to start.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash if you performed certain steps in the Mutual Likes list, causing an empty slot to appear, and then selecting that empty slot.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bugfixes have been made.
Have you already downloaded this update? Notice anything else? Leave a comment below.