All You Can Eat at Vancouver’s Sakura Days Japan Fair in April
Japanese food lovers, this one is for you! There’s a foodie event you need to attend this month.
The Sakura Days Japan fair is finally back after a two-year hiatus. One of the biggest events in April, the event celebrates the cherry blossoms and the arrival of spring in our city.
Taking place April 9 and 10 at the VanDusen Botanical Garden in Vancouver, this event offers attendees incredible shows, live performances, and all things Japanese culture.
The event will run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
This year, most activities will take place outdoors, with a few select vendors indoors. From traditional tea ceremonies to delicious culinary experiences, we are delighted to share the list of food and drinks people can indulge in during the fair.
Here’s everything you can eat at Vancouver’s Sakura Days Japan Fair 2022.
- Ichiyo Matcha Bar: All the matcha drinks you could dream of!
- JAPADOG: Japanese hot dogs, poutine, yakisoba, and more
- jeggs: Okonomiyaki, green tea
- Koyuki Sapporo Ramen Izakaya: Authentic Miso ramen was originally invented in the city of Sapporo in Hokkaido, known as the “Ramen Kingdom”
- Takenaka: TEMAKI hand-rolled sushi freshly prepared on site and signature bento boxes
- Teppan Yaro: Comfort foods like gyoza, beef rice burger and red bean paste rice cake
- Teriyaki Boys: A Japanese Street Food Trailer Featuring Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls and More
- Tokyo Katsu Sand: The first food truck to serve “real Japanese-style Katsu sando” in Vancouver
- wakwakburger: Japanese burger and fries
In addition to the food vendors listed above, attendees can take part in other Japanese cultural activities, such as tasting premium sake, participating in hands-on calligraphy workshops, and taking part in an Ondo parade.
Sakura Days Japan Fair 2022
When: April 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and April 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or: VanDusen Botanical Garden – 5251 Oak Street, Vancouver
With files from Hanna McLean and Daryn Wright